The Caddo Parish School Board shall provide transportation for magnet school students from a point at or near their residences whenever possible. When transportation is not possible because of distance, routing or other good and just causes, the parent will be responsible for transporting the student to the closest designated pickup point to the student’s residence.
To determine if the bus stops in your area, please use the following link. Students should report to the stop 5-10 minutes before the stop time listed.
New Carpool Procedures
Starting Monday, August 21, 2017, we will begin our new carpool procedures, which have been designed to ensure the safety of our students and FEM families. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
First Bell 7:40
Tardy Bell 7:50
End of School Day 3:15
Students are allowed in the building at 7:20 am. Students who plan to eat breakfast need to arrive no later than 7:35 am.
- Caddo buses have priority to enter the carpool lanes and unload students.
- All students will be dropped off in the parking lot carpool area only.
- Enter the car line from E70th Street only.
All car riders MUST come through the carpool line. Only students with a verified neighborhood address are considered walkers. Do not park within the neighborhood and walk up during afternoon carpool.
Front Carpool Area 3rd-5th
- Enter the car line from E70th Street.
- Fast Pass and bus students will be picked up at the parking lot carpool area.
- It is vital that you utilize the carpool sign in your windshield. Hang car tag to your rearview mirror, visible for faculty and staff to read.
- After picking up your child(ren), turn left on Montrose as you leave.
- Please follow the provided carpool maps to enter the car line. Breaking in line through side streets is not allowed.
Back Carpool Area K-2 and Siblings
- Enter the car line from Pierremont onto Thornhill Street.
- It is vital that you utilize the carpool sign in the windshield. Hang car tag to your rearview mirror, visible for faculty and staff to read.
- After picking up your child(ren), turn right on Montrose as you leave the back carpool.
Please follow the provided carpool maps to enter the car line. Breaking in line through side streets is not allowed.
A couple of parents purchased Fast Passes at the Auction. You will see them being ushered to the head of the line. (Be sure to investigate this option in the spring if you are interested.)
Thank you for your cooperation. Let us set a good example for our kids and follow the rules.
If you would like to download a copy of the new carpool procedures, please click here.