What has the Fairfield PTA done for the school?
- We have been recognized as a National PTA School of Excellence 2016-2018
- Have spent more than $70,000 invested in technology and teacher grants by FEM PTA 2015-2016
- Caddo Parish Winners of Scholastic’s “Read for the Record” summer reading program 2015 & 2016
- Purchased StarLab® inflatable planetarium brings scientific concepts to life in Science
- Purchased SmartBoards in every classroom
- Created D.A.D.S. Club committee to encourage fathers to be involved at the school
- Arrange the Grandparents’ Day Celebrations in the fall (K-2nd) and spring (3rd – 5th)
- Purchased a new school website and communications app to keep parents informed
- Purchased document cameras, projectors, laptops, and iPads for teachers to enhance instruction across grade levels
- PTA Reflections Contest 2015-2016: 14 Parish winners, 10 State winners, 1 National award winner
- Instilling philanthropy in students through participation in food drives and coat drives
How much money goes back into the school from fundraisers?
100% of all profit goes directly back to Fairfield Elementry Magnet School in the form of teacher grants, technology and capital purchases.
How do I volunteer in the Fairfield PTA?
In May and August, the PTA will send out a volunteer request. If interested in volunteering, you will be asked to complete an online volunteer preference form. Detailed descriptions of the various PTA committees are included in the online volunteer preference form along with a general idea of the time of day the volunteer job occurs as well as the overall time commitment required. Alternatively, you may email the PTA president or committee chair that you would like to help at any time throughout the year. We are always looking for assistance.
How much does a Fairfield PTA membership cost?
The Fairfield PTA membership costs only $6.00 ($5.00 for a Grandparent or Friend membership).
Who do I contact to purchase a Fairfield PTA membership?
You can purchase a PTA membership at the Bulldog Bash at the beginning of the year or any of the Grandparents day festivities. Membership forms are available in the office and you may join anytime. You can also use PayForIt.net to purchase memberships.
Can I pay Fairfield PTA fees online?
Yes. All PTA items and fees may be paid for at PayForIt.net. These items include PTA memberships, yearbooks, yearbook ads, spirit wear, carnival armbands, tax deductible contributions to the PTA, DADS Club T-shirts, spring fling tickets…anything the PTA offers for sale is available at PayForIt.net. At this site, you have the option of paying with a credit card or via electronic funds transfer from your bank account for a small fee. All PTA items can also be purchased via “folder mail” with cash or check payment..